Which of these services will help your company?
For more information about any of these programs contact:
Dan Miner at 718.786.5300 x 27 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Deb Mesloh at 718.786.5300 x 32 or email@example.com
Networking and marketing
- Come meet new contacts at our events
- Join us on November 16 for our Annual Luncheon & Trade Show. One of the premiere networking events in Queens, each year thousands of attendees fill Terrace on the Park and meet about 140 exhibitors. Here are photos from 2010.
- Sponsor street banners or benches in LIC
Business management training and business plan consulting
Contact us for referral to the appropriate service providers.
Grants for job training, competitiveness and underwriting consultants
- Apply for NYC job training grants of up to $400,000 per company.
- Businesses impacted by foreign competition can apply for the TAAC grant to help underwrite consultant fees and increase their competitiveness.
- The NYS MAP grant offers up to $1,000,000 for capital investments in machinery and equipment, industrial effectiveness consulting and/or worker skills training.
- Apply for up to 40 hours of free engineering / technology consulting through SATOP.
- Sell goods and services to the government. Get registered for bidding opportunities. Become certified as a W/MBE - Women and Minority Business Enterprise.
- Find space in LIC to rent, buy, or sublet
- Learn how to export your products
- Going green can save you money. Download our free guide to decide what projects make financial sense and how to implement them.
- Cut your electric costs permanently with a free energy assessment from Con Edison, and installation of recommended upgrades at discounts of up to 70%
- Cut your electric costs permanently with a solar electric system. Government incentives now pay about 80% of system installation costs!
Apply for City incentives and tax credits
- If you plan to make capital improvements in your new or existing facilities, you can apply for tax incentives through the ICAP program.
- If you plan to make a capital improvement in leased space, you can apply for tax abatements fhrough the CEP program.
- If you plant to move your business to LIC from outside the five boroughs or from below 96th Street in Manhattan, you can qualify for the REAP program, which yields up to $3,000 per year per employee moved for up to 12 years.
- If you plan to move your industrial business into the LIC Industrial Business Zone, you may qualify for a tax credit
LIC Partnership Guide to Going Green for Businesses
- A 55 page primer on going green in straightforward, non-scientific language. Was researched and prepared by LIC Partnership staff in 2009. - Executive Summary
- The Greening Process: A Road Map for Businesses
- Upgrading and Maintaining Your Facility
- Greening Your Daily Operations
- Flow Chart for NYSERDA Incentives